Educational support and assistance are vital to the success of ILP. Students participate in workshops as well as receive individual coaching focused on educational options and planning.
This financial resource is for youth who are attending post-secondary programs and need support in purchasing books and supplies. Applications are now available for Fall 2023 Book Money! Submit the form before October 13th, 2023. Download an application» Book Money Application Fall 2023
For more information, contact your ILP/Education and Career Coach. Contact the main office at 510-667-7696 to get connected with a Coach/Case Manager.
To be considered for the Alameda County Book Money Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a current or former dependent of Alameda County and was in a foster home, group home, or residential treatment program at age 16.
- Eligible to receive assistance until 21 years old.
- Be enrolled in a college or vocational program accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), whether or not you have received your high school diploma or GED.
Along with the application, submit the list of books and/or supplies needed from a cart or website checkout on your college bookstore website. It takes 4-6 weeks to process the request.
You will need to complete a Book Money Appeal Form and go through an appeals process if any of the following apply to you:
- Your GPA from the previous semester is under a 2.0
- You dropped two or more of your classes during the previous semester
- You failed two or more of your classes during the previous semester
- You received an incomplete for two or more of your classes during the previous semester
- Withdrew from two or more of your classes during the previous semester
*Please note that if you are only taking one class and you drop, withdraw, or receive an incomplete in that class, you also must appeal.
High School Stipend
High school seniors are encouraged to apply for the high school stipend, which provides $600 to assist you in paying for senior expenses. For more information contact the ILP office at 510-667-7696.
ILP Scholarship Program
The ILP scholarship program is open to ILP seniors who will enroll in college or vocational training post-high school. Our education specialists are available to assist you in applying for this financial award. For more information, contact your Coach or our office at 510-667-7696.
Chafee ETV Vouchers
To apply for the Chafee Education/Training Voucher you must be enrolled in an accredited program that is certified to receive financial aid and is at least one year in length. You must be enrolled in the program before your 21st birthday. If you are, you still remain eligible until the age of 23. Chafee ETVs are for up to $5000 per year, but the exact amount depends on your financial need and the number of applicants for your state since there is only a finite amount of money that has been allocated to this program.
The website for getting the application, changing your address, and downloading the ILP Verification Form is www.csac.ca.gov. When this website opens, click on the Commissions Programs link on the right-hand side of the home page. Chafee is the first option when this page opens. Click on that for the forms. If you have questions about the Chafee ETV, you can call the state at 1-888-224-7268, option 3.
Update: The California Student Aid Commission has developed a new website for students: www.mygrantinfo.csac.ca.gov/logon. Students can access their information about the Chafee or Cal Grant without having to call CSAC. This is an excellent online resource. Simply follow the directions on the site to find out where your money is and/or how long it will be before you receive it.
Scholarship Info on the Web
ILP also offers
- IEP Support/Advocacy
- High School Transcript Analysis/Credit Recovery
- Assistance with Scholarships/Financial Aid
- Educational Workshops
- College Tours
- Essay Writing
- Assistance with Personal Statements
- College Readiness
- And more!