Housing Navigation Program
Non-minor dependents who are ILP-eligible (aged 18-20) and need support in finding and maintaining housing can receive support from the Housing Navigator. Services include 1-1 coaching, application assistance, mental health support, and independent living skills training. A youth already enrolled in ILP can talk to their ILP Coach to get connected. Youth not already enrolled in ILP will need to submit a Request for Service (RFS) or Alameda County Referral to [email protected]rg. For more information, contact Sema’J Wyatt at [email protected] or 510-882-3692.
Bay Area Housing Programs
ILP continues to enhance housing options for emancipating foster youth through partnerships with The Next Steps Collaborative. Contact the worker of the day for more information at 510-667-7694. To apply, download a Next Step Collaborative application here.
Side by Side
- Offers scattered sites in the East Bay; Castro Valley, San Leandro, and Hayward.
- Parenting units, max of 1 child
- Mental health support, and case management.
- Minors, AB 12 and THP+ (10 slots)
- Contact for Intake: Jenaha Whitt
- Phone: 510-695-0941, Email: [email protected]
- Offers scattered sites in the East Bay: Oakland, Hayward, and Castro Valley
- Parenting units/ single unit/ no child limit
- Case management, therapist on-site
- THP+ Only
- Contact for Intake: Clarisse Baker
- Phone: 510-270-1191, Cell Phone: 510-456-5984, Email: [email protected]
- Offers single site and single units: Oakland
- Parenting units/ max 1 child
- Case management and onsite staff, mental health services, employment specialist and peer mentor, and psychiatric support.
- AB 12 and THP+ (5 slots)
- Contact for Intake: Anu Nagaraj
- Phone: 510-301-8306, email: [email protected]
- Offers host housing (28 slots) and community housing: 2 house for singles male/female, parent housing females in Oakland.
- Parenting units are community living
- Case management, coaching, refers out for mental health services.
- AB 12 and THP+
- Contact for Intake: Kamela Stewart
- Phone: 510-667-7683, email: [email protected]
First Place for Youth
- Offers scattered site, single site (Alameda), and youth select: Oakland, Alameda, San Leandro, Castro Valley, and Hayward.
- Parenting units no child limit/ single unit
- Case Management and Education and Employment
- AB 12 and THP+
- Contact for Intake: Jessica Ruiz
- Phone: 510-473-8198, email: [email protected]
- Offers housing throughout Northern California
- Housing, coaching, schooling, and employment
- FFA, THP+FC, THP+
- Contact Person: Dylan Morgan
- Phone: 916-899-0590, email: [email protected]
THP+ Program ONLY
- THP+ only grants you 24 months
- Alameda County Dependents do not have extensions past 24 months.
- Fills out Next Steps Collaborative (NSC)
- Returns application to one of the 5 providers to check eligibility.
- If eligible, will be placed on the coordination list for a program to pick up the referral once there is availability.