ILP continues to enhance housing options for emancipating foster youth through partnerships with The Next Steps Collaborative. Contact the worker of the day for more information at 510-667-7694. To apply, download a Next Step Collaborative application here.
Bay Area Housing Programs
Side by Side
- Offers scattered sites in the East Bay; Castro Valley, San Leandro, and Hayward.
- Parenting units, max of 1 child
- Mental health support, and case management.
- Minors, AB 12 and THP+ (10 slots)
- Contact for Intake: Jenaha Whitt
- Phone: 510-695-0941, Email: [email protected]
- Offers scattered sites in the East Bay: Oakland, Hayward, and Castro Valley
- Parenting units/ single unit/ no child limit
- Case management, therapist on-site
- THP+ Only
- Contact for Intake: Clarisse Baker
- Phone: 510-270-1191, Cell Phone: 510-456-5984, Email: [email protected]
- Offers single site and single units: Oakland
- Parenting units/ max 1 child
- Case management and onsite staff, mental health services, employment specialist and peer mentor, and psychiatric support.
- AB 12 and THP+ (5 slots)
- Contact for Intake: Anu Nagaraj
- Phone: 510-301-8306, email: [email protected]
- Offers host housing (28 slots) and community housing: 2 house for singles male/female, parent housing females in Oakland.
- Parenting units are community living
- Case management, coaching, refers out for mental health services.
- AB 12 and THP+
- Contact for Intake: Kamela Stewart
- Phone: 510-667-7683, email: [email protected]
First Place for Youth
- Offers scattered site, single site (Alameda) and youth select: Oakland, Alameda, San Leandro, Castro Valley, and Hayward.
- Parenting units no child limit/ single unit
- Case Management and Education and Employment
- AB 12 and THP+
- Contact for Intake: Jessica Ruiz
- Phone: 510-473-8198, email: [email protected]
- Offers housing throughout Northern California
- Housing, coaching, schooling, and employment
- FFA, THP+FC, THP+
- Contact Person: Dylan Morgan
- Phone: 916-899-0590, email: [email protected]
THP+ Program ONLY
- THP+ only grants you 24 months
- Alameda County Dependents do not have extensions past 24 months.
- Fills out Next Steps Collaborative (NSC)
- Returns application to one of the 5 providers to check eligibility.
- If eligible, will be placed on the coordination list for a program to pick up the referral once there is availability.